The Norwood scale is a scale that dermatologists use for measuring male pattern baldness. The scale assesses the severity of your hair condition in different phases. We discuss the different fases and symptoms of the Norwood scale and possible treatment for hair loss.
Norwood scale phases
The Norwood scale is build up in 7 different phases:
Phase one: the hair loss is not significant and the hair line is not visibly receding.
Phase two: hair loss around the temples is visible. This is often referred to as an adult or maturing hairline and isn't yet significant.
Phase three: the hair loss is significant. Your hairline recedes deeply near your temples causing your hairline to look like M, U or V form. Your hair becomes thin and baldness appears. You can use this treatment to avoid your hair from further thinning.
Phase four: you have little or no hair along the top middle of the head. Hair loss increases at your temples but there is still a thin line of hair that distinguishes the two areas from one another. In this stage you need to avoid losing more hair and that is possible with this treatment.
Fifth phase: The band of hair separating your temples and the crown of your head is smaller, and the hair is thinning significantly.
Phase six: The separate areas of hair loss are no longer divided by a band of thinning hair.
Phase seven: is the last phase of the Norwood scale in which the remaining hair on your head looks like a band that goes around the sides and back of your head. Your remaining hair may be thin or sparse. You can use this treatment to reduce your hair loss.
Causes of hair loss men
Typically people lose between 50 and 100 hairs a day. This is usually not noticeable because new hair is growing in at the same time. Hair loss occurs when new hair does not replace the hair that has fallen out.
When more hairs fall out, you suffer from hair loss in other words alopecia. Family history is the most common cause of hair loss and happens with aging. This condition we call androgenetic alopecia and occurs gradually and in predictable patterns. Normally a receding hairline and bald spots in men.
Medical conditions are also a cause for hair loss. This are conditions such as thyroid problems. This is immune system related and causes patchy hair loss and scalp infections.
Symptoms of hair loss
- Gradual thinning on top of the head; is the most common type of hair loss, affecting people as they age. Men their hair often begins to recede at the hairline of the forehead. There is one treatment that works effective against this, which is the androgenetic alopecia treatment.
- Circular and patchy bald spots, also your scalp may become itchy and painful. The treatment against alopecia areata will reduce symtoms of this type of hair loss.
- Sudden loosening of hair, most of the time due to an emotional event or stress. It causes overall thinning and is often temporary. The treatment for telogen effluvium works effective against hair loss due to stress.
- When you suffer from severe hair loss the advanced treatment helps to actively combat the hair loss.
Hair growth phases
Hairs grow in different stages:
- Anagen phase: is the phase where hair grows in. At any given time, 85-90% of your hair is in the growing phase. This phase may last from two to eight years.
- Catagen phase is the phase that lasts two to three weeks. Your hair follicles shrink in this phase.
- Telogen phase this is the resting phase which takes two to four months. When the phase is over, your hair falls out and is replaced by a new hair.
Other hairs on your body have different stages of growth. Hairs on your body typically only spend a month growing. At any given time, you are losing and growing hair, but hair loss becomes a health concern when it’s noticeable.
How to treat hair loss
The best way to stop hair loss and prevent hair loss in the future is using the products of Neofollics. We offer hair growth stimulating lotions, conditioners, shampoos, serums and hair growth supporting tablets. These products are effective against all sorts of natural hair loss.
The hair growth stimulating products of Neofollics work as following:
- The shampoo is applied directly to the scalp with the fingertips. Than you need to massage the shampoo softly, so it can spread to your hair follicles. The caring ingredients in the shampoo do the rest. They improve the condition of your scalp and hair to inhibit the hair loss.
- The lotion is applied directly to the scalp. ‘The Efficacy Booster’ ensures an effective absorption that is non-sticky and pleasant to use. Furthermore, 92% of users indicates that they have seen positive results in hair growth.
- The conditioner is applied directly to the scalp by your fingertips. The Neofollics tablets is a dietary product that can be used after or during a meal. The dosage is 1 pill about 1 to 3 times a day depending on your situation. The effective combination of ingredients in the hair growth supporting tablets provides the hair follicles to get necessary nutrition to produce healthy hair.