Stimulate hair growth
You can stimulate your hair to grow. If you want to grow your hair faster or want to grow more hair, then this is the right blog for you. We can give you advise on what nutrients and vitamins are working effectively for hair growth and other treatments for your hair to grow faster. Furthermore, we explain the principles of hair growth.
How does your hair grow?
Hair is growing in different phases. There are three main phases and they end in the exogen phase, in which the hair leaves your scalp. The three main phases are:
- Anagen phase: this is the longest phase lasting most of the time about 3 to 5 years. Around 90 percent of your hairs is in this phase.
- Catagen phase: this phase lasts about 10 days. During this phase, hair follicles shrink and hair growth slows. The hair also separates from the bottom of the hair follicle, yet remains in place during its final days of growing.
- Telogen phase: this phase lasts about 3 months. In this phase new hairs begin to form and other hairs almost shed.
What can help your hair to grow
- Get enough nutrients and vitamins in your body. A couple important nutrients and vitamins you need to get in your body to stimulate hair growth and prevent losing hair are: vitamin A, Biotin, Vitamin B9, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zinc and iron. Suffering from deficiencies of any of these is a likely cause for hair loss. And can disturb the hair growth process.
- Use a hair growth stimulating shampoo. A shampoo that can help you to grow your hair faster and healthier, often has active ingredients that have a positive effect on the condition of your hair and scalp.
- Do not wear tight hairstyles. This type of hairstyles such as ponytails can cause your hair to shed.
- Do not rub or scratch your hair if you suffer from any hair or scalp condition. We know it can be disturbing if your scalp itches, but scratching is not the solution and can cause your overall condition to get worser. That is why we advise, when you wash your hair to follow these steps: first make your hair wet, than apply the shampoo to your hair and scalp and go easy with the scalp. After that you need to rinse thoroughly, you can apply shampoo again or conditioner, need to rinse again and after that dry your hair carefully but thoroughly. If you damage the scalp or hair follicles, this can have disastrous implications for your hair.
Ingredients that can stimulate your hair growth
- Minoxidil is a drug widely known for hair growth stimulation. It was first introduced exclusively as an oral drug, to treat high blood pressure. But at a side-effect they discovered, is that it increases overall body hair (Rossi et al., 2012).
- Neoxyl: has been especially developed as the successor of Minoxidil. Neoxyl consists out of three main hair growth molecules namely; Adenosine, Aminexil and Vividine.
Side-effects of Minoxidil are common. Lower blood pressure and dizziness are side-effects that occurs often after taken Minoxidil.
Neofollics uses Neoxyl in their products, such as 10 other active ingredients. Neoxyl combats against DHT in several ways it reduces the concentration and increases resilience in hair follicles against DHT.
Products that can stimulate hair growth
The Hair Growth Kit of Neofollics consists out of a stimulating lotion and a hair growth enhancing roller. The Neofollics lotion contains 10 active hair growth stimulating ingredients, giving the non-activated follicles an extra stimulus to grow. All the ingredients are scientifically proven to have a positive effect on hair growth. In combination with the Scalp Roller the lotion is absorbed 5 times better.
Another products that can stimulate hair growth are The Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo and The Hair Growth Stimulating Conditioner. When you wash your hair you can use this shampoo at first and after that you can use the conditioner. These products are nourishing, effective against dandruff and other conditions of the scalp and lay the foundation for healthy hair growth.
You can stimulate your hair to grow, by combatting the DHT build-up on the scalp. There are several things you need to avoid, if you want a healthy hair growth. This are things such as: stress, tight hairstyles, hard rubbing but also other things like using Minoxidil, other medicines and eating unhealthy.
To stimulate the growth you need nutrients and vitamins in your body that support a healthy hair growth. Make sure you balance this, to get the best results. Also, if you are going to use a product against hair loss or for hair growth. So, you should be aware of the ingredients which you are using and that it often takes time to get significant results.