The best foods for hair growth need to contain healthy vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. In this article you will read everything about effective hair growth food. The following topics will be explained:
- Foods that cause hair loss
- What food stimulates hair growth?
- Best foods for hair growth
Foods that cause hair loss
It is normal if a person loses up to 100 hairs per day. However, when more hair falls of the head it can be caused by several conditions. The condition we would like to discuss here is about the potential of foods that cause hair loss.
Eating high quantities of unhealthy foods or insufficient amounts of nutritious foods could worsen hair loss, according to several studies. Less nutritious inflammatory foods that cause hair loss can be simple carbohydrates, fish with high mercury content, fried foods, and red meat.
Simple carbohydrates can contribute to hair loss, because the sebum production increases. This sebum is beneficial for hair health, but an excess amount can lead to inflammation. Sugary foods can also cause the pancreas to increase the production of the hormone insulin, which can negatively affect blood vessels in the scalp. Products that contain simple carbohydrates and foods that cause hair loss are candy, cakes, and cookies.
Fish with high mercury content can lead to more hair loss. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends eating 2-3 servings of fish a week due to its high nutritional value, but you should not eat it to often because high mercury levels can improve hair loss. Therefore, sticking to fish low in mercury such as tuna, salmon and cod is the best.
According to research, fried foods and red meat are foods that cause hair loss. This could be French fries, chicken strips and cheese sticks.
What food stimulate hair growth?
The best foods for hair growth have high nutritional value like eggs, leafy greens, and fatty fish. It is necessary to take these high nutritional foods often enough otherwise you can lack of deficiencies. A deficiency to healthy nutrients, minerals and vitamin can cause to hair loss. The best solution to these deficiencies is using supplements for hair growth that contain all the benefits of these foods for the hair and no cons.
You can use supplements for hair growth with healthy vitamins to grow hair in combination with hair growth food. Studies show that foods for the hair contain hair growth ingredients such as protein, iron, biotin, and zinc.
Best foods for hair growth
The best foods for hair growth you should add to your diet are:
- Protein based, because proteins contain amino acids that are necessary in hair growth food. Examples of protein sources include yogurt, beans, poultry, seeds and nuts, eggs, and fish.
- Healthy fats, because they hydrate the hair and may prevent hair loss. Examples of healthy fats as foods for the hair are salmon, walnuts, and olive oil.
- Foods for the hair that contain vitamin C, as hair growth ingredient. A deficiency to vitamin C can affects the creation of hair shafts, that’s why you should eat green and leafy vegetables, strawberries, and citrus fruits. You can combat a vitamin C deficiency also with supplements for hair growth, that provide you with a healthy amount of vitamin C in a day, preventing your unnecessary hair loss.
- Folate, a form of Vitamin B stimulates the rebuilding of hair. Examples include peas, beets, and asparagus.
- Biotin can promote hair growth. Foods for the hair that include biotin are egg yolk, sweet potatoes, salmon, sunflower seeds, and almonds.
- Niacin is one of the most important vitamins to grow hair. Hair growth food that includes Niacin are salmon, tuna, whole grains, peanuts, and seeds.
- Iron deficiency can also cause hair loss that is why it is one of the most important hair growth ingredients. Hair growth food that includes iron are beef, poultry, spinach, white beans, lentils, and dried apricots.