Hair growth: All you need to know
Hair growth and hair loss seems to be a process that goes on by itself. Unfortunately, growing and losing hair might not be as natural as it seems. There are many circumstances that can cause hair fall earlier than you’d like. Hair growth and hair loss is a process that is important to understand. Before you can stimulate hair growth and thicken hair, with the best home remedies for hair growth & dermatologists recommended hair growth products.
Everybody experiences hair loss from time to time, women and men alike. For example, did you know that everyone loses about 50 to 100 hairs a day? We talk about hair loss when someone loses more than 100 hairs a day for a longer period of time. In this case more hairs will fall out than will grow back.
In this article we firstly explain the hair growth cycle and natural hair growth. Secondly, we go deeper into when hair fall starts and new hair growth. After this we tell you how you can prevent hair loss and what are the causes of hair loss.
Further on in the article, we discuss home remedies for hair growth, the best hair growth products, such as a hair growth shampoo. And we discuss which hair growth nutrients and hair growth vitamins help stimulate your hair follicles optimally for rapid hair growth.
How hair growth works
Natural hair growth and hair regrowth is a process that everyone experiences. Below we will explain in detail how this works. Furthermore, we go into how you can speed up hair growth, for fast hair growth and the reason why hair loss happens.
Hair Growth Cycle
Hair growth and hair loss happens because of the hair growth cycle. This hair cycle consists out of stages of hair growth. The hair growth cycle lasts several years of natural hair growth and hair regrowth. During the first 6 months in the hair growth cycle, your hair will grow about 3 inches, which is equivalent to 7.62 cm. The hair growth cycle exists out of three stages of hair growth:
1. The first stage of hair growth is the Anagen Phase, this is the phase where hair regrowth takes place and the hair follicle and hair are most active.
2. The second stage of hair growth is the Catagen Phase in which the hair growth stops, and the club hair shrinks.
3. The last phase is the Telogen Phase in which the hairs rest for about 100 days. At the end of this phase hair shedding will begin. Hair shedding and hair loss are visible when you lose more than 25 to 100 hairs a day. When you lose many hairs you can get widow's peak, which is a V-shaped point in the hairline on your forehead or bald spots may appear.
This is briefly described the hair growth cycle. If you want to know in more detail how this all works, it is described in this article about the hair cycle.
How can I grow hair fast?
It is possible to encourage the length of your hair, when you stimulate hair growth, by nourishing your hair follicles with vitamins and nutrients for hair growth. A derma roller for scalp can help you with this nourishment. A perfect hair growth product to combine the derma roller for scalp with, is the best lotion for hair growth. These products can stimulate healthy hair growth, grow hair fast and purify the scalp of impurities and help ensuring a healthy scalp.
When you want to grow hair fast, you should first look at the current condition of your scalp. An inflamed scalp caused by tension, oxidative stress or other scalp conditions, can lead to hair loss and hair thinning. Hair thinning and hair loss can make it seem that you have no fast hair growth, when in fact you are suffering from excessive hair fall. Inflammation of the scalp can also cause hair loss, because the inflammation can close off the hair follicle which limits hair growth.
When you think you can’t grow hair fast, because of shedding of your hair. We advise you to use a shampoo for thinning hair in combination with the best conditioner for hair growth and vitamins for hair growth. This combination will reduce the shedding and stimulate hair growth effectively.
If you want a healthy scalp, due to a fungus or a scalp condition such as psoriasis, then you should first try a healthy scalp treatment.
When does new hair grow?
Natural hair growth happens after the first hair that grows. Hairs are visible after 22 weeks as a developing fetus replaces itself because of the natural hair growth cycle. When you are just born there are about 5 million hair follicles on the body. Of which about a million are on the head, of which about a hundred thousand are on the scalp. This is the largest number of hair follicles you will have in your entire life, because no new hair follicles will grow during our lifestyle.
From a hair follicle multiple hairs can grow, usually it contains 2 or 3 hairs. Hair regrowth happens as mentioned above in three stages of hair growth. At the end of the telogen phase, a new hair forms itself, which pushes the old club hair out of the hair follicle, so that the new hair can grow in the anagen phase.
How hair loss happens
Hair loss is something that can happen over your whole body. Hair loss on the scalp can be temporary or permanent, this depends on the cause. The most common causes for losing hair are hereditary, stress, hormonal changes, medical conditions, and aging.
Is hair loss normal?
Hair loss is something that happens in every human naturally, such as natural hair growth. You don’t have to worry if you see hairs on your t-shirt. On average, between 50 and 100 hairs fall out in a day. This amount of hair fall is not visible because of hair regrowth. But when more hairs fall out than are being replaced than you suffer from hair loss. This is often only visible after 50% of your hair has fallen out, which on average is around 50.000 hairs.
To prevent hair loss, it is advisable to combat hair loss as soon as possible. When you clearly see hairs in your comb or shower drain, it is best to make healthy lifestyle changes such as not smoking or using by dermatologist recommended hair growth products that stimulate hair growth.
How to prevent hair loss
If you are already suffering from hair loss, it is helpful to know how to prevent hair loss in the future. First, it starts with taking good and healthy care of your hair and scalp. Make sure to use the best hair growth products such as this shampoo for thinning hair and best conditioner for hair growth, also make sure to read the description of the products you use. Dermatologist recommended hair growth products that do not contain silicones or parabens, because they can possibly lead to excessive hair fall. You should also avoid heavy-handed scrubbing or scratching to prevent hair loss. In addition, you can prevent hair loss by living healthier to make sure your body gets what it needs. Getting enough protein, vitamin and nutrients for hair growth in your body is necessary for healthy hair.
Does a healthy lifestyle prevent hair loss?
Thus, a healthy lifestyle can make your hair less fall out less rapidly. For healthy hair growth there are many nutrients for hair growth and vitamins for hair growth that stimulate hair growth and thicken hair.
1. Eat more protein; when your body doesn’t get enough protein it can affect your natural hair growth. For example, if you are a vegan or vegetarian, you may need to increase the amount of protein you consume. Protein is important for hair growth because hair follicles are largely composed of it.
2. Vitamin for hair growth and nutrients for hair growth; vitamin like A, B12 (Biotin), C and D can play an important role in hair growth as well as nutrients for hair growth such as iron and zinc.
- Vitamin A (retinol) stimulates cells to grow. It helps skin glands and makes an oily substance called sebum. This sebum moisturizes the scalp and helps to keep your hair healthy.
- Vitamin B12 (biotin) is necessary to get in your body, because low levels can cause hair loss, skin rashes and brittle hair.
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is a powerful antioxidant that helps against oxidative stress. Vitamin C also helps creating protein and absorbs iron and other minerals that support your hair. Vitamin D plays a role in the production of hair. It is important for the health of your bones and helps to absorb calcium more efficiently.
- Iron helps your body produce hemoglobin, a protein in your red blood cells. It carries oxygen to your blood cells, helping them grow and repair. These cells also help with hair growth.
- Zinc can help in hair tissue growth and repair. It also helps keeping the oil glands around the hair follicles working properly.
3. Use the best hair growth products; dermatologist recommended hair growth products can help grow hair fast and also help to prevent hair loss and stimulate hair growth.
Diseases causing hair loss
- There are many diseases and conditions that can cause hair loss. Many of them can be treated with dermatologist recommended hair growth products, while others might not be as easy to treat.
- Hereditary hair loss often happens with aging. Another word for this type of hair loss is Androgenetic Alopecia. It usually occurs gradually in predictable patterns. While the patterns differ from women and men. Fortunately, for this form of hair loss, there is a treatment that can effectively help you get rid of your bald spots and excessive hair fall.
- Radiation therapy can cause your hair to disappear and never grow back. This type of hair loss is called anagen effluvium.
- Stress can lead to general thinning hair several months after a physical or emotional shock. This type of hair loss is temporary. Stress can also lead to telogen effluvium, most common among women. This type of hair loss can be treated with a treatment that consists out of the best hair growth products.
- Hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, or thyroid problems can cause hair loss. This is due to a drop of estrogen and progesterone, which affects (DHT) level. Due to the drop of estrogen the hair grows more slowly and becomes much thinner. A thickening hair treatment full of DHT blockers can help thicken hair.
- Tinea capitis (Ringworm) is a fungal scalp infection that particularly appears in children. This condition is caused by dermatophytes, which are skin fungi. People can get it from other humans, animals, and soil. It can cause discrete flaking of the scalp, bald spots, and deep abscesses.
- Seborrheic dermatitis is most common between the ages 30 and 60. The most likely cause of seborrheic dermatitis is an inflammatory reaction to excess Malassezia yeast. You can treat this yeast with this scalp treatment.
- Medications and supplements can be a side effect of certain drugs, such as those used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, gout, and high blood pressure.
- Psoriasis is a chronical skin condition that can be caused by infections, injuries, stress, smoking, cold and dry weather, and heavy alcohol consumption. You can recognize this skin condition by red and itchy scaly patches.
- Trichotillomania is a hair pulling disorder in which people decide to pull their hair off. This is very bad for your hair condition because you are pulling out a hair follicle. If you pull out a hair follicle there is no hair regrowth.
- Hairstyles can pull your hair tight, such as pigtails and cornrows which can cause your hair follicle to fall out. In other words, this is called scarring alopecia.
- Alopecia areata is a medical condition which is immune system related and causes patchy hair loss and bald spots. While alopecia areata can’t be treated you can stimulate hair growth by using this treatment.
- Lichen planopilaris is a variant of lichen planus, in which a perifollicular infiltrate affects and eventually destroys the hair follicles.
- Sexually transmitted infection can lead to hair loss in a variety of ways. With syphilis, you can get hair loss. This usually happens in the secondary stage and can be treated with penicillin. Other infections such as HIV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, and herpes can´t give you hair loss. Only medications against these infections often have this as a side effect.
- Hair care products with silicones and sulphates in them can contribute to hair loss.
Hair growth for women
Hair growth for women occurs in a hair cycle through the stages of hair growth, which are the anagen stage, catagen stage and telogen stage. When you suffer from hair loss and want to thicken hair, it is important to stimulate hair growth for women.
What stimulates female hair growth?
You can stimulate hair growth for women by ensuring a healthy scalp, this also helps thicken hair. If you notice signs as hair loss, inflammation or infection, then you need to act as fast as possible to prevent further inflammation, thinning hair and potential excessive hair fall. The best way to grow hair fast in women is to use dermatologist recommended hair growth products. These products nourish deficiencies in your body and prevent further thinning by containing effective nutrients for hair growth. Natural hair growth for women approximately grows about 3 inches in six months.
Can female hair loss grow back?
Women can suffer from various forms of hair loss. But in most cases, hair regrowth is possible, especially with the support of a healthy lifestyle. One common form of hair loss in women is telogen effluvium, which often appears after a stressful period such as childbirth. When you address the cause of your hair loss, your hair is likely to grow back. It is possible to help stimulate hair growth by using dermatologist recommended hair growth products that contain multiple vitamins for hair growth.
In some cases, unfortunately, this will not be the case, for example with permanent hair loss. If your hair follicles are damaged there might never grow back a new hair.
What causes female hair loss?
If hair loss with men is considered unwanted, then hair loss with women is probably experienced even worse. But there are a lot of women who experience hair loss as well. For example, during pregnancy the body will produce so many hormones, that 95% of the hair is in the growth stage. Unfortunately, this means that after the pregnancy the hair will transit into the telogen stage. This causes an increase in hair loss in the first 3 months after the pregnancy. Hair loss can also happen to women during the menopause. During the menopause the production of estrogen will decrease. This will cause the hair to reach the telogen stage sooner what causes more hairs to fall out. This can happen gradually but also suddenly.
In women, several things can play a role in losing hair. A change in diet, hormones, a condition, or stress. There are different causes of hair loss in women:
- In telogen hair loss, the hair no longer follows the normal hair cycle. Natural hair growth suddenly stops growing due to stress.
- Acute telogen hair loss however, is often caused by a sudden or severe physical change. For example, childbirth, illness, greatly reduced food intake, bleeding or surgery.
- Chronic telogen hair loss is another form of hair loss that lasts longer than six months. It is often caused by thyroid disorders, anemia, and medications.
- What helps best for hair growth?
To stimulate hair growth for women, you can use home remedies for hair growth. An important nutrient for hair growth you need to get enough from in your body is iron. When you suffer from an iron deficiency, then chances are that you will get thinning hair. When you take more iron in your diet there it is possible you will thicken hair. In addition, you can use a famous remedy called minoxidil. This is an anti-androgen that supports hair growth. But we do not recommend this because of side effects such as skin irritation. An minoxidil-alternative and a strong anti-androgen is Neoxyl which reduces the amount of male androgen hormones. This minoxidil-alternative is even better in various ways than minoxidil and is used in products such as the best lotion for hair growth on the market.
Hair loss treatments
Women hair loss is something that can be treated by the best hair growth products. If you suffer from thinning hair, you can prevent further thinning hair by using the treatment for thinning hair. By using this treatment, you give you will thicken hair and help the process of hair regrowth.
But if you suffer from sudden hair loss it is more convenient to use the treatment for moderate hair loss. This treatment contains the best hair growth products; a fresh shampoo for thinning hair, the best lotion for hair growth, and healthy tablets full of vitamins for hair growth. When you have an unhealthy scalp, for example by itching, dandruff or redness, a healthy scalp treatment is our advice to prevent further thinning and hair loss.
Hair growth for men
Hair growth for men is different than hair growth for women. Men are more likely to suffer from baldness and have fewer long hairs than women. We go into more detail about what increases hair growth for men, thickens hair, what natural DHT-blockers are and how hair regrowth from the hair follicle works.
What increases male hair growth?
Hair growth for men is determined by hormones just like in women. One hormone that plays an important role in this is mail hormone. This is a male sex hormone that is required to produce sperm and causes body hair, beard growth, low voice and muscle mass.
In men, the mail hormone combined with heredity can cause androgenetic alopecia to occur. This occurs in some people because of hereditary genetic factors predispose them to hair loss. In the hair root DHT leads to inhibition of cell division on the scalp. After this the hair root shrinks and hair growth will be blocked.
Stimulating hair growth on the scalp can be done by using natural DHT blockers. These keep the DHT level in order. Panax Ginseng and Saw Palmetto are natural DHT-blockers and often work as hair growth remedies in the best hair growth products. This is because the DHT-blockers inhibit the production of DHT and thus the hair loss of these sensitive hairs reduces.
Can a man's hair grow back?
The most common form of hair loss in men is pattern baldness. This can occur at a fairly young age. Fortunately, there is a way for men to get their hair back. This is because as mentioned above, this has to do with regulating your DHT levels with DHT-blockers. In addition, a dermatologist recommended treatment with hair growth products can reduce further hair loss. It is also possible to stimulate hair growth even when you suffer from baldness with the best hair growth products such as a derma roller for scalp and hair growth supporting tablets that are full of vitamins and nutrients for hair growth.
How do bald men stimulate hair growth
Bald men can stimulate hair growth by adopting a healthier life pattern. In doing so, it is important to take in healthy vitamins and nutrients for hair growth. Otherwise, it gets difficult to grow hair fast and thicken hair. But first to control the dihydrotestosterone in your body and hair loss as mentioned above it is important to use DHT-blockers. Otherwise, it is difficult to see new hair growth.
Bald spots can be countered with oils as home remedy for hair growth. A few oils that work against it are Rosemary oil, Argan oil and Peppermint oil.
1. Rosemary oil contains anti-inflammatory properties and helps with blood circulation.
2. Argan oil can reduce hair damage, improve the hair condition, and stimulate hair growth.
3. Peppermint oil is used against headaches and other illnesses. And it may also be an effective topical treatment to safely boost hair growth.
Another product that works well is aloe vera, which is often used for wound healing and burn relief. It also protects the scalp from itching, dandruff and helps with regrowth of hair. Aloe vera can be used in combination with a hair growth shampoo.
Hair growth products
The best hair growth remedies are the products of Neofollics which contain ingredients that help stimulating hair growth and are more advanced than any other hair growth product in the world. This is because there are few side effects and good results are visible. Also, Neofollics uses hair growth products that are recommended by dermatologists, that offers an effective minoxidil-alternative.
Beard growth stimulating products
The Neofollics Beard Growth Stimulating Serum is the most advanced and dermatologist recommended serum to promote beard growth. It contains 10 active beard growth stimulating ingredients, giving the non-activated beard follicles an extra stimulus to grow. The beard growth serum has a soothing effect on the skin. The serum is suitable for every 18+ man that wants to stimulate hair growth on the beard.
In addition to the beard growth serum The Neofollics Beard Growth Enhancing Roller helps actively with stimulating beard growth. The roller can be stimulating in several ways. It consists out of 540 microscopic needles of 0.5 mm, which penetrate the skin painlessly. The beard roller creates microscopic holes in the skin at the beard line. This allows the serum to be better absorbed into the skin. In addition, the small holes in the skin ensure that the natural healing process of the skin is activated. This ensures that the blood circulation of the hair follicles in the beard, stimulates the natural beard growth process.
Stimulating hair growth
The Neofollics Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo is an effective shampoo for thinning hair. The hair growth shampoo promotes hair growth on the scalp and consists out of 12 hair growth stimulating ingredients such as Panax Ginseng, Piroctone Olamine and Ecklonia Cava. The shampoo is nourishing and soothes the scalp. It is suitable for every man and woman (18+) that wants to combat their hair loss.
The Hair Growth Stimulating Conditioner can be used in combination with the shampoo of Neofollics, which is the best hair growth conditioner. The hair growth conditioner has a nourishing effect and soothes the scalp. It helps against dandruff and lays the foundation for healthy hair growth. The conditioner contains ingredients such as vitamin B (Biotin), keratin and arginine. A conditioner is often used after a shampoo and makes a perfect thickening hair treatment. A sidenote is that it is important to wash the conditioner out your hair thoroughly.
Another one of the dermatologists recommended hair growth products is The Neofollics Hair Growth Stimulating Lotion, which is a lotion that consists out of 7% Neoxyl, what is an effective minoxidil-alternative. Neoxyl is a hair growth complex found in Neofollics lotion and consists out of a combination of 10 active ingredients. Neoxyl is considered a successor to minoxidil and stimulates hair growth in some ways even better.
Something you can use well in conjunction with the Neofollics lotion is the Neofollics Hair Growth Enhancing scalp roller. This derma roller for scalp consists of 540 microscopic needles of 0.3 mm. Just like the beard roller it stimulates the hair follicles and new hairs, it absorbs nutrients, and it enhances blood flow in the scalp. Because of the derma roller, the lotion absorbs 5 times better into your body. It is suitable to use for every man and woman 18+.
Hair growth supporting products
For supporting your hair growth, Neofollics has developed hair growth supporting tablets. These tablets are important for the foundation of healthy hair growth and help to grow hair fast. The effective combination of natural ingredients provides the hair follicles with the necessary nutrition to produce healthy hair. Some of these ingredients are: Saw Palmetto, EGCG, beta-sitosterol, red clover and Biotin. In combination these DHT-blockers, nutrients for hair growth and vitamins for hair growth. Provide a dermatologist recommended hair growth products status, because all ingredients are based on scientific studies and are proven to be effective for improving your hair condition and stimulating hair growth.
Hair growth products that work
The Neofollics products are hair growth products that are recommend by dermatologists that work effectively for increasing hair growth. Many of these products work better in combination as hair growth thickening treatment or another hair growth treatment. The derma rollers for scalp are more effective to use in combination with a lotion, serum, or shampoo. The Neofollics products are developed as minoxidil-alternative and in various ways Neoxyl stimulates hair growth even better than Minoxidil, especially if you look at the side-effects.
Minoxidil is a vasodilator that was originally used as a medication for high blood pressure. But has the side effect of causing hair growth. However, minoxidil has other side-effects such as acne at site of the application, burning scalp, facial hair growth, increased hair loss, inflammation, reddened skin and swelling of the face.
These side effects of Minoxidil do not occur in Neofollics products, because we do not use it. We use Neoxyl and many natural ingredients that support and stimulate hair growth.
Best hair growth tips
The three best tips for growing your hair fast and in a healthy way:
Tip 1: Make sure you have a healthy scalp, which is clear of flakes, irritation, itchiness and redness. Any sign of an infection should alert you. An unhealthy scalp often leads to hair fall. Dermatologist recommended hair growth products can help with moisturizing your scalp.
Tip 2: Use the best hair growth stimulating products that can help you develop healthy hair growth. The hair follicles absorb nutrients and vitamin more effective and healthy hair will develop.
Tip 3: The last tip is preparation. As with a school exam or presentation, preparation is key. Knowledge about hair diseases, hair loss and the causes is important to prevent it from happening to yourself. If you want your hair to grow faster, it is important to know what factors are likely to slow down your hair growth. If we did not answer your hair growth or hair loss question in this article, you can find the answer to frequently asked questions below.
With this article we hope we've helped you with your hair and for further questions you can always request personalized hair advice by clicking on the red button at the top of the page or contact us at the bottom of the page at service.
Frequently asked hair loss questions
Here we answer the frequently asked questions about hair loss and hair growth. Different questions and links about hair loss are covered and we answer them for you.
Hair loss and itchy scalp
An itchy scalp is often due to a fungal infection, allergic reaction for hair products or inflamed hair follicles. It is important to avoid scratching the scalp when it is itchy, and certainly not to scratch aggressively. This can lead to even worse itching, because scar tissue can damage the nerve fibers in the skin
It is important to avoid scratching the scalp when it is itchy, and certainly not to scratch aggressively. This can lead to even worse itching, because scar tissue can damage the nerve fibers in the skin.
The itching does not cause hair loss, but scratching does. The hair is vulnerable and scratching or rubbing can damage the hair follicles and skin. This can lead to temporary hair loss, bleeding and scabbing. Often hair regrowth happens when you stop scratching, but if you damage the hair follicles so much with the scratching, it may just be that in a particular place that no more hairs regrow. When the itching does not go away, it is wise to follow a dermatologist recommended hair growth products combined in a treatment for your scalp.
Hair loss and weight loss
It is possible that weight loss can lead to side effects, including hair loss. Rapid weight loss, restrictive diets and weight loss surgery can result in deficiencies of nutrients and hormonal changes. This are two important causes that can lead to hair loss. Stress from the weight loss can cause hair loss generally known as telogen effluvium. This is a common type of hair loss, which is temporary, and you can stimulate to make your hair grow back with this treatment for Telogen Effluvium.
Hair loss and tiredness
Hair loss and tiredness have a connection. When you are losing hair and at the same time lacking energy this could mean you’re malnourished or not getting the essential nutrients for hair growth in your body. One important nutrient for hair growth is iron. A deficiency in iron causes extreme fatigue, weakness, pale skin, headaches, difficulty concentrating, cold hands and feet and hair loss.
Iron is so important for hair growth and the above symptoms because it fuels the production of new red blood cells that transport oxygen to cells throughout your body, giving you the energy, you need.
This means that if you suffer from these two conditions together at the same time. That you should eat products that contain iron or use the Neofollics hair growth support tablets that are full of nutrients for hair growth and can stimulate hair growth again.
Hair loss and weight gain
Hair loss and weight gain can be a sign of a thyroid problem called hypothyroidism. This is a condition in which the gland produces insufficient thyroid hormones. Other signs for this thyroid problem are fatigue, constipation, slowed thinking and depression. Too little Thyroid hormones can also skew the body temperature cold and when you have to much thyroid hormones in your body feel hot.
For women with hypothyroidism (too little), a daily dose of synthetic thyroid hormone can significantly improve quality of life. Women with hyperthyroidism (too much) may be treated with a drug that slows down the production of thyroid hormone, with radioactive iodine therapy or with surgery to destroy or remove thyroid cells.
Hair loss and stress
It is possible to lose hair because of stress. This is called Telogen Effluvium and happens because stress pushes large numbers of hair follicles into the resting phase. After a few months, affected hairs are likely to fall out when you are combing or washing your hair. Common causes of Telogen Effluvium are physical trauma, hormones, medications and medical treatments.
What can you do in case of hair loss due to stress?
Initially, it is important to improve the blood circulation in your scalp. This so that the adrenaline can be drained faster and therefore less lactic acid is created. Neofollics has the scalp roller in its range for this, among other things. In addition, the scalp must be restored to good condition. This is possible with the Neofollics lotion, the Neofollics shampoo and the Neofollics conditioner. In addition, it is of course important to prevent stress. Ensure a regular sleep rhythm, healthy diet and daily exercise. Try to avoid stressful situations whenever possible.
Dermatologists recommend hair growth products, such as the treatment of telogen effluvium. This treatment helps with hair regrowth from the hair follicle.
Hair loss and covid
Hair loss and covid are often linked to each other. This is because covid has fever as a common symptom. A few months after a high fever or recovering from illness can lead to noticeable hair loss. This is regarded as shedding and is often due to hormones and stress. We call this type of hair loss Telogen Effluvium and we have a treatment for this temporary form of hair shedding.