There are different fungal infections, which can appear on your scalp. The most common are tinea capitis (ringworm) and candida albicans. Both of them cause bald spots on your hair and have effect on your scalp and hair. In this blog you read the most common causes of an fungal infection, you learn more over ringworm and candida albicans itself and we give a healthy advice for your hair condition and how to get rid of the fungal on your scalp with the best scalp treatment products.
Causes of fungal infections on the scalp
There are several factors that can play influence on the health of your scalp. There are different types of fungal and the causes differ per fungal. That is why we summon the most common causes of fungal below:
Candida often appears in warm and moist areas, but can also develop without these conditions. Your skin can become unbalanced, which can occur to medical conditions, an unhealthy diet, stress, certain medications and harsh chemicals in some personal grooming products. In addition to this, cuts on the scalp may also provide an entry way for the fungus.
Candida is a yeast infection that untreated can cause certain health concerns as it spreads to the eyes, mouth, digestive system, bloodstream, bones and internal organs. The risk factors for candidiasis include a weakened immune system, diabetes, hypothyroidism, inflammatory, pregnancy and psoriasis (Healthline, 2019).
Ringworm (Dermatophytosis) is a condition of the scalp that causes itchy, scaly and bald patches on the head. It arises after the fungus attacks the outer layer of skin on the scalp and the hair. The condition can be spread by human-to-human contact, animal-to-human and object-to-human. Ringworm can spread from kittens, puppies, cows, goats, pigs and horses after petting them. Also, items such as clothing, bedding, combs and brushes can spread it via surfaces.
There are a few ways to try and avoid a fungal infection on the scalp, which are be in less crowded places and have a good hygiene. Children have a higher chance of getting ringworm, because they touch everything and play a lot together without much care for hygiene.
Symptoms of fungal infections on the scalp
There are several signs of symptoms that might point out to a fungal infection on the scalp. You may experience one of more of the following on your hair (Mayoclinic, 2019):
- Red or purple rash, cracks or patches on the skin.
- White, flaky scales or shedding.
- Areas that appear soft, white or moist.
- White, pus-filled pimples
- Painful scalp
- Brittle hair
A few other symptoms that can occur are: swollen lymph nodes, low-grade fever, urinary tract and genital irritation (Healthline, 2019 & Mayoclinic, 2022).
(Man with a bad scalp condition and hair loss)
How to treat fungal infections on the scalp
Fungal infections on the scalp can be treated to prevent it from spreading further and to ensure that the damage to your hair remains limited. Neofollics has for these scalp conditions designed a product, that can help execute such conditions as: the rash, brittle hair and reduce the white, flaky scales.
The special designed new therapy line exists out of an exfoliating shampoo and nourishing mask. This products have an effective and healthy effect and are a treatment for your hair and scalp. This treatment is non-pharmaceutical and the most effective on the entire market. This is due to state of the art ingredients and a proprietary blend of actives that stimulate a healthy hair and scalp condition.
Results against fungus on the scalp
Recent studies have shown us that 92% of the users see a clear improvement of scalp health in ‘The new scalp therapy line’ of Neofollics. Some results you can find below:
This is a woman 67 that experiences seborrheic eczema and a sensitive scalp. After using our new therapy line she feels that the hair feel soft and fuller. Overall the scalp is a lot calmer in terms, more refreshed and in a better condition.
We are keen to show as many results as possible, because we know that our products can help better your scalp condition.
Ingredients of the 'New scalp therapy line'
The key ingredients of our product are based on scientific research and help to destroy fungi. Such as Climbazole, Witch hazel leaf extract, Geranium Oil, Lavender Oil and MCT.
Below you can find a summary of important ingredients in our scalp therapy line to combat against fungal infection on the scalp.
- Climbazole is an anti-fungal, which is very effective against dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. Furthermore, is in combination with another ingredient ‘Piroctone Olamine’ the Climbazole is very effective in the reduction of itching, burning sensation and flaking of the scalp. Because the sebum levels of the scalp are being reduced.
- Witch hazel leaf extract is known for soothing and nourishing your skin. Also, it is anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant and wound healing. The natural effects of this ingredient are optimal for your scalp.
- Geranium Oil is an oil from the Geranium flower. In this oil antibacterial and antiseptic properties exist. This makes it beneficial for reducing skin infections, skin irritations and acne when applied. The anti-inflammatory properties also help reduce itching and redness.
- Lavender Oil is an oil from the Lavender flower. This oil helps healing the skin, burns and cuts. The anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antimicrobial and detoxifying benefits helps reduce redness. It soothes and calms the skin, also it rapidly heals minor cuts and scrapes, as well as any rashes.
- MCT contains fatty acids is anti-microbial and has anti-fungal effects. MCT decreases Malassezie species that cause seborrheic dermatitis. It is effective against a common yeast named candida albicans, this yeast can cause thrush (white patches in the mouth) and various skin infections. But the coconut oil in MCT is highly likely to reduce the yeast.
When to see a doctor
If you are young and suffering from an fungal infection on the scalp. We recommend to contact your doctor. Because it might be important to get an accurate diagnoses to treat your condition. Besides you don't want to suffer from such a condition the rest of your life. Your doctor can tell you exactly, what you need to do to get a healthy condition again.
The best product with the most effective ingredients against your fungal infection on the scalp is the ‘Scalp Therapy Line’ of Neofollics. Overall your scalp condition improves and your hair will be shiny, healthy and in the perfect condition again.