Hair Loss Menopause
During menopause, a woman’s body goes through major hormonal changes, decreasing the number of hormones it makes, particularly estrogen and progesterone. When the levels of estrogen and progesterone drop, hair grows more slowly and becomes much thinner. A decrease in these hormone causes menopause hair loss and triggers an increase in the production of androgens, or a group of male hormones. Androgens shrink hair follicles, resulting in hair loss on the scalp.
In this article we cover the following topics regarding menopause and hair loss:
- Why am I losing hair in menopause?
- How long does hair loss last during menopause?
- When does hair loss from menopause grow back?
- Hair loss menopause or thyroid?
- What vitamins are good for hair loss during menopause?
- Menopause hair loss treatment
Why am I losing hair in menopause?
Women that experience menopause hair loss in the form of thinning hair is common. Thinning hair in menopause can occur on the front, sides, or top of the head. You can notice menopause hair loss by large clumps of hair after brushing or showering. Menopause hair loss can appear in the perimenopause and post menopause.
- Perimenopause hair loss appears when hormonal fluctuations are responsible for hair loss during the perimenopause. Perimenopause hair loss can begin in some women in their 30s, but most often in starts in women around the age of 40 and 44. Perimenopause hair loss is hair loss in the time that leads up to menopause.
- Menopause becomes official after 12 consecutive months without a period.
- Post menopause hair loss appears after the menopause. The hair might become thinner because hair follicles shrink, and the hair growth slows down rapidly.
How long does hair loss last during menopause?
Menopause hair loss can appear in the perimenopause, menopause, and post menopause phase. This is usually around your 40s and can last up to 10 years. Fortunately, this type of hair loss can grow back after the menopause. But before we get to that, we need to tell you that it is important to know that hair goes through cycles of hair growth and that little hair loss is normal, on average people lose around 50 to 150 strands of hair a day.
When does hair loss from menopause grow back?
Menopause hair loss can as well as hair loss during pregnancy grow back. When this happens differs from person to person. There are several menopause hair loss treatments that can help you to get your hairs back. Medication and a healthy diet can play a huge part in treating the hair loss. Other things that can have an impact are lifestyle changes, including reducing stress and exercising.
It is also possible that menopause and hair loss are being connected through stress. In this period women often experience a lot of stress and telogen effluvium is a common hair loss condition that could appear than. When you experience hair loss due to telogen effluvium your hair can grow back within 3 to 6 months after the stressful period if you use an effective treatment for telogen effluvium.
Hair loss menopause or thyroid?
There is a difference between menopause hair loss and thyroid hair loss. Hot flashes that are linked to low estrogen hormone levels are Menopausal, but hot flashes triggered by the thyroid are associated with very high thyroid hormone levels. Many of the symptoms of hyperthyroidism can also mimic those of the menopause transition, for example the hot flashes, heat intolerance, palpitations, and insomnia.
Thyroid disorders are more common among women. Especially women with a family history of thyroid problems or autoimmune issues. A blood test can help to rule out a thyroid disorder, if the test does not find irregular thyroid hormone levels, then you often suffer from menopause hair loss.
What vitamins are good for hair loss during menopause?
Vitamins for hair loss menopause are vitamin B12, Iron, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin A, Zinc and Biotin. Menopause hair loss supplements that consist out of vitamins, minerals and nutrients which can support hair growth are the Neofollics hair growth supporting tablets. These tablets are convenience to use and can support hair growth by nourishing the hair follicles.
The most effective vitamins for hair loss menopause are summoned below:
- Vitamin B12 can help to promote healthy blood flow and helps in the production of red blood cells. Red blood cells are responsible for carrying the oxygen to your hair tissues.
- When you have an Iron deficiency hair loss can appear more easily. That is why you should take vitamins for hair loss menopause. Iron ensures healthy hair as much as Niacin. It contributes to increased blood flow to the scalp and maintenance of your hair follicles.
- Pantothenic Acid also known as Vitamin B5 is important for healthy hair during menopause. Pantothenic Acid strengthens the cells in your hair follicles and combats menopause hair loss.
- Vitamin A can increase the speed of cell regeneration. Therefore, a deficiency can influence the maintenance of healthy hair during menopause.
- Zinc deficiency can lead to a breakdown of protein structures in your hair follicle.
- Biotin, also known as Vitamin B7, stimulates keratin production in hair and can increase the rate of follicle growth.
Menopause hair loss treatment
The best product for menopausal hair loss is clinically proven to help stimulate new hair growth and combat hair loss. The lotion can provide thicker and fuller hair and contains 10 proven active ingredients. It is based on 7% Neoxyl® which is a hair growth complex and an alternative to Minoxidil. Neoxyl has fewer known side-effects and consists out of three hair growth molecules: Vividine, Aminexil and Adenosine. In addition, Neoxyl consists out of vegan plant extracts that have beneficial effects on the hair and scalp.
You can combine the best product for menopausal hair loss with the best shampoo for thinning hair due to menopause. The shampoo works in all phases around menopause so, around the perimenopause hair loss and post menopause hair loss as well. Hair thinning from menopause can be effectively counteracted with this shampoo.