Minoxidil is a hair growth remedy, that you apply on your scalp in the form of a typical lotion on the scalp. In some countries minoxidil is a medicinal product/drug. While minoxidil is one of the most famous hair growth stimulants, it also has several side-effects. What other hair growth stimulants don’t have.
Origin of Minoxidil
Minoxidil originates from the fifties and was used to treat patients with high blood pressure. People took it as a tablet, however soon people realised it also had effect on the growth of unwanted hair. After the development of the hair growth stimulating effect, they decided to develop it further. In 1988 the first minoxidil lotion appeared under the brand name Rogaine.
The drug was the first to be approved by the American Food and Drug Association (FDA) it is known as a treatment for hair loss and androgenetic alopecia. Minoxidil may increase the blood supply to the hair follicles, which may boost the supply of nutrients and encourage hair regrowth. It is clear that it can help some patients to prevent further hair loss and promote hair growth.
When you stop using minoxidil your hair condition might fall back to its position, what it has been before you started with the treatment.
Possible side-effects of Minoxidil are irritation on the scalp, eczema, allergic contact dermatitis, worsening hair loss, burning, respiratory infections, tendinitis, back pain, sinusitis, low blood pressure, dizziness, light headedness and faintness.
Of course they won’t appear at the same time and it is also possible that others may occur. The most common disadvantages of minoxidil are scalp irritation, inflammation and redness.
Other hair growth stimulants
Other products that help to grow your hair are the Neofollics products which contain stimulating ingredients. Neoxyl is a hair growth molecule, which contains Adenosine, Vividine and Aminexil. These molecules have a comparable moleculair structure as minoxidil. Together these molecules combat against hair loss and have few side-effects.
Vividine strengthens hair growth in various ways. It stimulates the so-called potassium opening (PCO), just like minoxidil does. This ensures that hair enters the growth phase faster and that the growth phase lasts longer.
Aminexil reduces hair loss by preventing the hardening of collagen around the hair root. And adenosine can improve hair growth on the scalp, the same way that minoxidil does.
Products that you should try to solve your hair problem, with few side-effects.
- Neofollics hair growth stimulating shampoo: the hair growth stimulating shampoo is a shampoo that promotes the hair growth, with 12 active simulating ingredients. The shampoo is nourishing and soothes the scalp. The shampoo works against a lot of causes of hair loss, but also against dandruff and other conditions.
- Neofollics hair growth stimulating lotion: it is the most powerful lotion on the market to stimulate hair growth.
- Neofollics hair growth stimulating conditioner: is a conditioner that you can use effectively in combination with the Neofollics Shampoo.
- Hair growth supporting tablets: the tablets are full of naturally-based and vegan ingredients. These vegan ingredients can feed the hair follicles
- Neofollics hair growth enhancing scalp roller: is an advanced derma roller, which activates the hair follicles and stimulates hair growth. It penetrates the skin without any pain. Furthermore, the roller enhances the bloodflow in the scalp making it possible for the hair follicles to absorb more nutrients.
Minoxidil is a stimulant for hair growth and while many people recognize it as the way to stop hair loss and grow hair back. It is also one of the most dangerous ways to do it. Other remedies for hair loss are the products of Neofollics.