Panax ginseng (red ginseng) is an herb that we use in our products for health purposes on the scalp, the plant is easy to confuse with other forms of ginseng. The plant panax ginseng is a plant that grows in Korea, China and Siberia. It is considered an adaptogen, which are natural substances that can stimulate the body’s resistance to stressors.
The plant is known for active memory and thinking skills improvement against; Alzheimer disease, depression, hair loss and many other conditions. The plant itself grows slowly and has fleshy roots, which we can categorize into three groups depending on when the root is grown: fresh, white or red. Fresh ginseng is harvested before four years, while white ginseng is harvested between 4-6 years and red ginseng is harvested after 6 years or more.
Sorts of ginseng
There are several sorts of ginseng, but they don’t have the same similar effects. The main difference are the effective substances and effects on the body. For example, panax ginseng has a stimulating and energising effect. While the American ginseng has an relaxing effect. The Siberian ginseng is a lot cheaper than the others and also has an medical effect.
Health effects of panax ginseng on the scalp
According to a medical study and dermatologists panax ginseng and ginsenosides regulate the expression and activity of major proteins involved in different hair phases. Your hair goes through four major phases before it falls of. These are the anagen phase, the catagen phase, the telogen phase and the exogen phase.
• Anagen phase is the phase where hair is most active. The cells in the root of the hair are dividing rapidly. New hair forms and pushes club hair up the follicle and eventually out. According to the Journal of Ginseng research it is proven that the plant elevates the hair follicle progression into the anagen phase.
• The catagen phase is a phase that is transitional. The growth stops and the outer root sheath shrinks and attaches to the root of the hair. According to the International Journal of Molecular Sciences red ginseng can delay the catagen phase.
• The telogen phase is a phase, in which the hair follicle rests.
• The exogen phase is the phase, where your hair often falls of.
Although the underlying mechanisms from the plant that regulate hair cycling to a limited extend. In the anagen phase the follicle inducts and the catagen phase delays. There still need to be more studies that prove the best dose for the best results as hair loss remedy. Neofollics uses panax ginseng based on advice of dermatologists in their hair growth stimulating shampoo.
Hair loss causes
There are many causes, that can make your hair to fall off. That is why it is important to have remedies against hair loss and for hair growth, such as panax ginseng, Neoxyl, Ecklonia cava extract and many more. Several causes for hair loss are summoned here below, so you can understand, which condition you suffer from.
- Alopecia areata: this is an autoimmune condition that causes your immune systems to attack the hair follicles. This results into bald patches in your hair, that can range from small to large. This form of alopecia can cause your hair to fall out, from your scalp, eyebrows, eyelashes and other parts of the body.
- Androgenetic alopecia: this is the most common hair loss cause, affecting up to over 50% of the people.
- Anagen effluvium: this is a rapid loss of your hair. This happens after chemotherapy or radiation treatment.
- Telogen effluvium: this is a type of sudden hair loss. That results from using the wrong hair products, stress, hormonal inbalances and illness.
- Tinea capitis: this is a fungal infection that can effect the scalp and hair shaft. Often it causes small bald patches that are scaly and itchy, also brittle hair breaks easy.
- Traction alopecia: this is a condition that is the result of too much pressure and tension of the hair from wearing tight hair styles.
- Other causes: such as age and hereditary can play a factor in losing your hair. Hair loss can be genetically determined.
Neofollics products that include Panax giseng
With Neofollics products you can easily combat against your hair loss. The hair growth stimulating shampoo contains the ingredient panax ginseng and works effectively against hair loss and helps stimulate the hair follicle to grow. Also, it soothes the scalp and improves its overall condition.
The shampoo contains 250ml and can be sufficient for two months depending on the use of dosage. The experiences with the Neofollics hair growth shampoo are positive and most users see significant improvement.
Other remedies for hair loss
There are several other remedies against hair loss and for developing growing and healthy hair. These remedies can be things at home such as tablets, lotion, conditioner or a serum. An important thing to consider when using such products is what is in it and what are the effects and side-effects of this product. An huge example is the use of Minoxidil in most of the hair products.
According to (MayoClinic, 2022) the use of Minoxidil can have several side-effects such as itching or skin rash, acne, burning of the scalp, increased hair loss, facial hair growth, reddened skin and inflammation. That is why Neofollics has decided not to use Minoxidil in any product at all, because hair growth products, which use it can’t guarantee the health of their customers. The lotion, shampoo, serum and conditioner are thus made without minoxidil and with active ingredients that improve your hair growth and scalp. And the products make sure that you can combat against any kind of hair condition, as long as you prepare yourself with the right tools at home.
Panax giseng is an herb used in products for health purposes on the scalp and in the hair. It has health effects in the anagen phase where new hair forms and in the catagen phase, where the growth of the follics delays.
Frequently asked questions
Treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia
Description Neofollics treatment Androgenetic Alopecia
The treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia is suitable for anyone who suffers from this type of hair loss. This treatment tackles the patchy baldness and will improve the overall condition of the hair. We recommend a powerful combination of 4 products that reinforce each other’s effect. So, with this you tackle Androgenetic Alopecia both from the outside and from the inside.
The Hair growth kit
The Neofollics Hair Growth Kit is the most advanced Kit to stimulate hair growth. The Neofollics Hair Growth Kit consists of the Neofollics Hair Growth Stimulating Lotion and the Neofollics Hair Growth Enhancing Scalp Roller. The Hair Growth Kit is a powerful set that stimulates and activates hair growth in multiple ways. The Neofollics lotion contains 10 active hair growth stimulating ingredients, giving the non-activated follicles an extra stimulus to grow. All the ingredients are scientifically proven to have a positive effect on hair growth. In combination with the Scalp Roller the lotion is absorbed 5 times better.