Anyone can suffer from bald spots on back of the head or can become bald on top of head. The bald spots on scalp are often caused by alopecia areata an auto-immune disease. Bald spots on back of the head and bald spots on scalp can be temporary or permanent.
In this article we tell you what causes bald spots on head, how to fix bald spots on head, can bald spot hair grow back and an effective treatment for bald spots.
What causes bald spots on head?
People normally lose between 50 to 100 hairs per day. This is difficult to notice because new hair grows back at the same time. Sudden bald spots on head occurs when new hair doesn’t replace the hair that has fallen out. To answer the question what causes bald spots on the head the answer is bald spots on scalp are usually the result of alopecia areata. Alopecia areata is a skin disorder that causes bald spots on scalp.
It is possible to get alopecia areata from your genetics, a vitamin D deficiency or from having a certain health condition such as down’s syndrome, thyroid disease, or vitiligo.
Can bald spot hair grow back?
It is possible that bald spot hair can grow back. Often after your hair falls off and you suffer from bald spots on back of the head of a sudden bald spot on head, your hair will grow back. However, in some cases hair never regrows. Alopecia areata may persist for several years and your bald spots on scalp may even grow further through the years. Short hairs, broken off a few millimetres from the scalp, then can be found at the edges of expanding patches of hair loss.
Can stress cause bald spots on head?
Stress can cause hair loss and bald spots on scalp. There are several types of hair loss that can be associated with stress. These are telogen effluvium, trichotillomania, and alopecia areata.
- Telogen effluvium can push large numbers of hair follicles into a resting phase. It is a form of non-scarring alopecia and is caused by stress.
- Trichotillomania is an irresistible urge to pull out hairs from the scalp, eyebrows, and other parts of the body. This can come from stress, tension, or frustration.
- Alopecia areata can be caused by severe stress. The body attacks the immune system and hair follicles what causes patchy hair loss and sometimes a sudden bald spot on head.
How to fix bald spots on head?
Bald spots on scalp are often not the only symptoms of alopecia areata. Other signs of alopecia areata may include:
- Circular or patchy bald spots on back of the head: many people that suffer from alopecia areata lose their hair in circular or patchy bald spots on scalp, beard or even eyebrows. Also, the skin can become itchy or painful before your hair falls of.
- Sudden bald spot on head: a sudden loosening of hair can come from an emotional or physical shock. You can notice this in your comb or drain after washing or combing yourself.
- Fingernails and toenails can become red, brittle, and pitted.
- In cold weather the bald spots on scalp can even increase.
To answer the question “how to fix bald spots on head”, the answer is more complicated than you might think. Firstly, it is important to understand that when you are bald on top of head it does not just happen without any reason. That is why it is advisable to first examine what form of hair loss you suffer from and what the other symptoms are. If the bald spots on back of the head are caused by alopecia areata there unfortunately is no fixed solution yet. However, there are things that can stimulate new hair growth and reduce current symptoms.
Can spot baldness be cured?
There has been done much research over the years for a treatment for bald spots. To get straight to the point there still is no treatment for alopecia areata. But there is a treatment for bald spots that can help to reduce symptoms of alopecia areata. This treatment for bald spots is a treatment against telogen effluvium, another stress related form of hair loss, that can cause bald spots on back of the head.
For using the treatment for bald spots some tips might come in handy.
1. When you wash your hair be gentle. Use a nourishing shampoo that soothes the scalp and helps developing healthy hair growth. Massage the shampoo softly on the hair and scalp, leave it in for 3 minutes to let your scalp absorb it and then rinse it off with water.
2. Make sure you don’t scratch or rub your hair during the process.
3. After applying the nourishing shampoo use a smooth conditioner with the other hand and massage it directly into the scalp. Leave it in for three to five minutes and wash your hair thoroughly.
4. The last step to combat against your bald spots on scalp is to take a tablet that is full of healthy vitamins and nutrients that stimulate the overall health of your scalp and hair. You should take the tablet with water once a day, when you suffer from severe baldness 1-3 tablets per day is the maximum dose.
When you have followed all these steps above you have the perfect treatment for bald spots. You should also avoid harsh treatments for your scalp such as a hot roller, curling irons, hot-oil treatment, and permanents as these can cause bald spots on scalp.
Bald spots on the head do not look nice. This is often the cause of alopecia areata. Although there is no established treatment for alopecia areata yet, Neofollics developed a treatment for bald spots than combats against bald spots on scalp and other types of hair loss.