Inflammation and redness of the scalp can be unpleasant and make you feel uncomfortable or want to scratch. Don't do that! There is an active solution to the inflammation of your scalp, which can make the itching, pain and redness disappear.
In this blog we will tell you everything about scalp conditions and what you need to do to treat scalp conditions. But first we will tackle the possible causes and symptoms.
Causes of inflammation and redness of the scalp
Although there’s no medical condition called scalp inflammation, a variety of issues can cause your scalp to become inflamed, itchy and uncomfortable.
A common cause of scalp inflammation is seborrheic dermatitis, which can cause red, scaly patches that develop on your scalp. Other conditions that can cause inflammation are folliculitis and ringworm (tinea capitis).
Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin disease that causes an itchy rash with flaky scales. It causes redness on light skin and light patches on darker skin.
Folliculitis is an inflammation of the hair follicles. The inflammation can appear anywhere in the body, where hair is growing.
Tinea capitis is a yeast infection on the scalp. Often young children suffer from it and it is contagious.
In some cases the inflammation can lead to hair loss. You need to treat your hair well, to regain new strong hair. That is why we advise you to use the Neofollics Hair Growth Shampoo. This shampoo is nourishing for your scalp and has positive effect on hair growth and hair condition. You can also use a conditioner or a lotion and even tablets full of vitamins and minerals, which get into the hair follicles.
Different scalp conditions and symptoms
There are different conditions that can appear on your scalp. As said above seborrheic dermatitis, folliculitis and tinea capitis all have differences. Conditions that can appear on your scalp, combined with possible causes you can find summoned below:
- Dandruff causes flaking of the scalp.
- A yeast on the scalp is often due to tinea capitis. Also, hair loss appears often, such as bald spots.
- Seborrheic dermatitis, is a type of eczema. That is a long-term inflammatory disorder, commonly found in areas of the body where there are a lot of oil glands, such as the scalp.
- Lichen planus is an uncommon autoimmune disease. The condition is an inflammatory skin condition that may cause itchy, small patches of hair loss on the scalp, called scarring alopecia. Other scalp symptoms include redness, irritation, and small bumps on the scalp.
- Hair loss is often the cause of androgenetic alopecia.
- Hair loss can be the cause of alopecia areata.
- Inflammatory can be the cause of Psoriasis, an autoimmune disorder which is chronic.
- Inflammation on any part of the body, can be the cause of folliculitis. Often it occurs on the beard, arms, legs, back and buttocks. A bacteria of fungus causes it.
- Rash with raised, red edges are resulting from tinea capitis. The rash spreads from the edges with the inside of the circle being unaffected. This gives the rash a ring-shaped appearance. It is contagious.
- Itching, bumps and thickened scaly skin can come from a yeast or fungus that causes eczema.
- Head lice is a condition caused by very small insects that cause itching and small red bumps on the neck, shoulders, and scalp.
How to treat your scalp condition
Finding out what your scalp condition is, and what symptoms you have is important. This way you will know which product to buy and we have made a short but powerful list for you.
- Androgenetic alopecia this treatment, tackles patchy baldness and improves the overall condition of the hair, by inhibiting the production of DHT.
- Alopecia areata symptoms require special treatment. Neofollics and dermatologists have a treatment against alopecia areata. Although the cause of Alopecia Areata can´t be treated you can stimulate the new hair growth. The Alopecia Areata treatment tackles the patchy baldness and will improve the overall condition of the hair.
- Seborrheic dermatitis, dandruff, eczema, itching of the scalp can be treated with the new ‘Scalp Therapy Treatment’. This is especially designed for people that want to improve their scalp condition and to keep themselves healthy. This treatment consists out of the exfoliating shampoo and nourishing mask. Also, it benefits other scalp conditions such as; psoriasis, Lichen planopilarus and folliculitis
Treatment for a healthy scalp
Neofollics has also developed an treatment that works effectively for a healthy scalp. It combats dandruff, flakes and itching and works against seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis. The treatment gently exfoliates the scalp and removes impurities like dandruff and flakes. It contains a broad spectrum of ingredients with anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial activity.
Inflammation and redness of the scalp can be the cause of seborrheic dermatitis, tinea capitis or folliculitis. Such as other scalp conditions this condition needs to be treated carefully, with the right treatments.