Irritation of the scalp is often the cause of an itchy feeling or pain. In this blog you will read about the causes that make your scalp itch and hurt. Also, you will read how you can prevent this and can combat it in the future, with scalp treatment.
Causes of irritation on the scalp
- Dandruff is something whereby your scalp is dry and itchy. You can see flakes on your hair and clothing. It is a common condition that affects many people in the world. It is important to treat your hair well and use the right shampoo with good and effective ingredients, otherwise symptoms as itchy scalp, scaly and crusty scalp and skin flakes can return or extend on your scalp and hair.
- Hives are red raised and very itchy bumps that can form anywhere on the skin, including the scalp. Hives come and go all the time.
- Head lice causes an itchy scalp. You can treat head lice by fighting them with an shampoo.
- Scalp (Ringworm) is not the cause of worms. It is an infection that is the cause of an fungus. The symptoms of tinea capitis manifest themselves in different ways: there are inflammatory and non-inflammatory forms, deep and superficial forms. It is often accompanied by itching and sometimes baldness (alopecia).
- Psoriasis causes a flare-up on the scalp, also you may have reddish patches, dandruff-like flaking, silvery-white scale, and a dry scalp. Scalp psoriasis is often itchy, with the itch ranging from mild to intense.
How to prevent irritation of the scalp
You can reduce the chance of an itchy and irritating scalp by washing your hair regularly to remove build-up oils. Wash your hair in warm water to avoid drying out your scalp. You can reduce irritation of the scalp by allergic reactions. So, try to avoid products that contain dyes and fragrances.
You can also prevent yourself from itch and inflammation by not using other people their brushes, towels and combs. These can cause ringworm or give you head lice.
Treatment for the scalp
The best treatment for the scalp should avoid: itchiness, redness, flakes, irritation and excessive hair loss. Also, effective ingredients play an important role. Ingredients that Neofollics uses in their scalp treatment are:
- Ketoconazole; this is an ingredient that is effective in various infections such as seborrheic eczema. It is a well-known and often used remedy.
- Piroctone Olamine; has the same effect as ketoconazole and is very effective against seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff. In some aspects, Piroctone Olamine scores better than ketoconazole.
- Climbazole; this is an anti-fungal and has the same effect as Ketoconazole and Piroctone olamine. It is very effective against itching, burning sensation, and flaking of the scalp.
- Panax Ginseng; is a herb that has health purposes for your scalp and hair. It has health effects in the anagen phase where new hair forms and in the catagen phase, where the growth of the follicles delays.
- Rosemary oil; is an oil of the rosemary plant. It strengthens the blood circulation and could prevent hair follicles from starving of blood supply, dying off and eventually leading to hair loss.
The best treatment for the scalp and against irritation and itchiness is the scalp treatment of Neofollics. This ‘scalp therapy line’ is designed to work effectively against many scalp problems. It improves the health of the scalp and provides a solid base for healthy hair growth. This scalp suits you if you want to have a clear and healthy scalp, free from itching and flakes. This treatment is non-pharmeutical and helps if you suffer from seborrheic dermatitis, dandruff, itching of the scalp and flaking of the scalp.
The Neofollics scalp treatment consists out of an exfoliating shampoo and nourishing mask. Studies show that 95% of the users are satisfied. Below you can find some of the results from this treatment.
This woman experiences seborrheic dermatitis and a sensitive scalp. At first she finds strange because of the grain and the rinsing should be done carefully. But the feeling of both scalp and hair is good. After drying, the hair feels soft and fuller. The scalp is a lot calmer in terms of feeling and appearance.
This other result shows us a woman that is experiencing seborrheic dermatitis, itching and flaking. She is very satisfied with the result after 28 days and is very satisfied with the shampoo and mask. It has improved her scalp condition and hair condition.
Irritation of the scalp can be very annoying. It has an impact on hair loss. Fortunately, it can be solved with a good and effective treatment with the right ingredients and products.