A shampoo against hair loss is what makes the difference against your hair loss. In this article you can read about the things that make a shampoo effective against hair loss and the shampoos that might not be as effective as they might seem. In this article all the questions you might have about shampoos against hair loss will be answered. Furthermore, we will discuss possible effects and how to use it and how often you need to use it for the best results.
How can shampoo help against hair loss
If a shampoo can help you with your hair loss depends on the condition. Your hair has three main stages in growth the anagen, catagen and telogen phase. Your hair grows in the anagen phase and falls off in the telogen phase. That is why you want to have more hairs in the anagen phase. If your hair follicle something your hair is attached to in the scalp breaks or is destroyed than there will not grow any new hair, not even with a stimulating shampoo or whatever product you use. This is often the case with alopecia universalis/totalis or after chemotherapy.
Fortunately this is not often the case. Androgenetic alopecia, alopecia areata, pulling of the hair or telogen effluvium or another condition are most of the time causing hair loss. When scalp conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis or dandruff cause your hair loss a shampoo can be effective according to Dr. Jerry Shapiro a dermatologist. If you lose hair due to inflammation the an shampoo can help to reduce that.
To stimulate hair growth it is important to use the shampoo properly. A shampoo can block the production of DHT, which helps with hair growth. If you use any kind of product for your hair loss make sure not to rinse it before the shampoo reaches the hair follicles. This can take a couple of minutes. If you wash it of immediately after putting it on your scalp. Than the effect will be minimum and there is a chance it doesn’t work properly.
What ingredients stimulate hair growth
Below you find a couple ingredients that have proven to be effective against hair loss:
- Saw palmetto is an herbal treatment that helps against androgenic alopecia, or male-pattern hair loss. This common type of loss is often caused by the production of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body. These tablets contain 160mg saw palmetto an amount that is completely safe and helps to stimulate hair growth.
- Ketoconazole has anti-fungal properties that can counter hair thinning. There are other variants for ketoconazole such as piroctone olamine and climbazole. They have the similar effects, but less side-effects.
- Minoxidil is often used as a treatment for thinning hair. But it can lead by some people to more hair loss, especially in high concentration. Studies have shown that Neoxyl a combination of Adenosine, Vividine ® and Aminexil ®, is more effective than Minoxidil on the growth of dermal papilla cells. This is a lotion that uses Neoxyl as key ingredient and can help reduce your hair loss.
How effective are different shampoos against hair loss
This table below is based on research between hair growth products that are Minoxidil based in comparison with Neoxyl based products.
41% more effective in the growth of dermal papilla cells
95% satisfaction rate
Improved by IGJ
The best shampoo against hair loss
The Neofollics Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo is the most effective shampoo to promote hair growth. In addition to the 12 hair growth stimulating ingredients, this shampoo is also nourishing. It soothes the scalp, is effective against dandruff and lays the foundation for healthy hair growth.
How to use it
The Neofollics Shampoo is applied directly to the scalp by the fingertips. Here the shampoo is gently massaged and distributed. In conclusion, the shampoo provides rich nutrients to the scalp that are absorbed by the hair follicles.
The caring ingredients in the shampoo, such as Ecklonia cava, panax ginseng and Piroctone olamine improve the overall condition of the scalp. This is the basis for healthy hair growth and inhibiting hair loss. From this foundation, it is the energizing ingredients in the shampoo that provide the hair follicles with the nutrition they need to produce new and stronger hair.
How often you need to use it
The Neofollics Shampoo contains 250ml Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo, sufficient for 2 months of use depending on the dosage. Furthermore, The Neofollics Shampoo contains 12 proven active ingredients to tackle hair loss in multiple ways and to stimulate hair growth. We think it is the best to use this shampoo between 3 to 4 times a week. This depends on your personal hair and scalp condition. For some people 1 time a week is enough to rinse it thoroughly for other people it could be more.
Other solutions against hair loss
Not only shampoos can offer a solution against hair loss, there are other factors that can play an important role in the regrowth of the hair. One product that is perfect to combine is a conditioner. For more care of the hair and nourishment. The shampoo and conditioner combined make sure the scalp gets healthier, stronger and shinier. There are also conditioners with hair stimulating properties.
Another solution against hair loss is also a healthy one, because they do provide many extra nutrients and vitamins, which your body needs to develop normal cell growth.
What vitamins and nutrients help to improve your hair condition
Nutrients and vitaminsthat have an significantly effect on the growth of your hair are: biotin, folic acid, iron, protein and zinc. The effects of these vitamins and nutrients are different.
- Biotin; low levels can cause hair loss, skin rashes and brittle hair.
- Folic acid: adds volume to your hair and reduces the premature of greying.
- Iron; has an important role in making hemoglobin, which is a compound that carries oxygen to cells. Iron deficiencies can lead to temporary hair loss.
- Protein; if you do not get enough protein in your hair than, you can have dry and brittle hair.
- Zinc; has an important role in hair tissue growth and repair. It helps to keep the oil glands around the follicles working properly.
Hair loss due to scalp conditions
Some of the conditions below can lead to hair loss. It is important to combat your hair loss, but also actively combat against the scalp condition that causes it. For most scalp conditions this treatment offers a fast response for stimulating healthy hair.
- Psoriasis is a chroni skin condition that causes red and itchy scaly patches.
- Tinea capitis is a fungal infection that can effect the scalp and the hair shaft. It causes small bald patches that are scaly and itchy.
- Lichen planopilarus is a condition that can lead to redness and purpleness on the scalp and hair loss.
Other hair loss causes
- Alopecia areata is a autoimmune condition that causes your immune system to attack the hair follicles. This results into bald patches on the scalp.
- Androgenetic alopecia is the most common cause of hair loss.
- Anagen effluvium is a rapid form of hair loss. That often happens after chemotherapy.
- Telogen effluvium is a type of sudden hair loss that results from not using the right products, stress, hormonal changes or an illness.
- Traction alopecia is a condition that is the result of too much pressure and tension of the hair, often from wearing tight styles like braids, buns and ponytails.
- Trichotillomania is a disorder that leads to pulling of the hair.
It is possible to combat hair loss with a shampoo against hair loss. although it does not work in all cases. There are solid shampoos that have few side-effects and certainly help reduce hair loss in conditions such as dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. We therefore recommend that you need to be aware with what you are buying and use the products as described.